Employee engagement levels in organizations worldwide have been in a downward spiral for decades. Turns out that creating a healthy, happy and productive workplace culture isn’t easy. Neither is defining it.
What does the phrase “employee engagement” really mean? What are we measuring? It’s probably different for everyone, but most will agree that it’s about being emotionally committed to, and invested in, your work and your organization.
Along with providing meaningful work, one of the best ways to develop an engaged employee is to make the process of doing the work more efficient and enjoyable. It’s about creating positive and personalized experiences that will result in a more motivated, satisfied and productive workforce.
Smart employers understand that technology is the key to creating these experiences and that providing these experiences will help to retain the best talent.
If you’re looking to boost the employee experience at your organization, but aren’t sure where to start, ask yourself these questions:
- Which phases of your employee life cycle receive the lowest scores on your employee satisfaction surveys? Where are the weak links?
- How can technology be used to provide employees with a better pulse on the execution of goals and on their job performance?
- How are you using technology in your organization to encourage greater levels of employee collaboration and teamwork?
- How could self-service technology be used to give employees greater freedom to conduct their own HR-related tasks, updates and transactions at any time and from any location?
- How is your organization evolving with technology to provide the same consumer-grade experiences that employees enjoy outside of work?
- Which new technologies will provide the scalable solutions to encourage a culture of continuous HR innovation?
The 2019 Human Resource Executive HR Technology Conference & Exposition will offer several sessions to help you answer these questions and more. I’ve highlighted some below, and you can find many more here.
Join me at the #HRTechConf in October to learn more!